Saturday, May 15, 2010

Knee MRI on Monday

I will be having a knee MRI on Monday morning to see if the knee problems are, indeed, as both the surgeon and the PT suggest, ACL, LCL, and/or PCL tears.

I originally hurt my knee three years when I tripped over (myself) in a softball game at work--my first and last softball game, to be honest. When I fell, I landed on both bent knees and both outstretched arms--on all fours, really. As a result, I broke my elbow (which I knew immediately) and tore my PCL (which I realized the next day). [When I do something, I'm usually pretty thorough. :) ]

My elbow is mostly fine now, but my knee remains a problem-hence the MRI on Monday. I've done all the conservative measures--months of PT, years of gym work on the bike and building quads, no running etc etc, but still the knee feels unreliable most of the time.

I won't know the MRI results until possibly my PT appointment on Friday next or (more likely) the orthopedist appointment on June 4.

Either way, early on Monday morning, I get to lie inside a clanking, tapping, giant magnet that takes cool pictures of my knee. Talk about "thin-slicing" (a la Blink by Malcom Gladwell).

No comments:

Post a Comment