Friday, September 18, 2009

New Boots

I bit the bullet, and after some research, bought these boots today:

Vasque Breeze GTX

I tried on several pairs of intermediate weight boots, but these Vasques were by far the most comfortable in the store. Reviews are good on the whole. People love their comfort; waterproofing seems a little spotty. Hopefully, mine are good versions of the waterproofing ones. :) The ankle support feels great, so hopefully, they'll work out well for me on future hikes.

I've signed up for a hike to Castle Peak up by Donner next week, so I'll break them in over the next week and try them out then. It's a 9.5 mile total hike, and I'm guessing rocky in places. To be safe, I'll likely take along my Salamon shoes in case I need to change shoes midway. I'll wear some longer hiking socks and liners too to reduce the risk of blisters.

I'm excited to wear these new boots. They're really comfortable already, and I'm optimistic they'll work out. I guess we'll see.

No big hikes planned for me for this weekend; we have a busy family weekend instead. I'll be doing neighborhood and nearby trail walks instead. No worries.

No comments:

Post a Comment