Sunday, April 4, 2010

Sugarloaf Ridge Redux



So, I returned once more to Sugarloaf Ridge State Park to share it with my hiking buddy, my mom. She's 74 years old, but she still can hike your legs off. I hope I can be that energetic when I'm that age. :)

Here are some pics from the hike; for details about the park and more pics, visit my other Sugarloaf Ridge hike here.

Below: The creek on the trail is still there, but it's easier to cross now with the tree bridge. Still, hiking poles are a must if you want to increase your chances of staying dry. :)



Below: My gear enjoying the view and the rest on Vista Rock. The new pack works out really well; it's incredibly light, even though I had plenty of water in the Camelback. Highly recommended pack.




Stats:
Weather: mid 50's and mixed cloudy/sun. Perfect hiking weather.
Trails: Meadow to Vista Rock. Meadow is fairly torn up with horse hoofs, but it's still a great trail. Probably about 6 miles total. Going up to Vista turns out to be pretty steep for some legs, so we went to Vista Rock, had our Luna bars, enjoyed the view, and then headed back down.





A great day--beautiful weather, beautiful place, no people apart from a few other hikers here and there and one elementary school class enjoying the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment